Its been a long time since I blogged. Really blogged. I told you guys, I was very busy with a couple of things - school, cca, work, outings and other stuffs. Now i'm on my way to work. I'm figuring out how to blog while moving. So now, I'm doing what I did last time. Drafting out the post and posting it when I have access to wifi or sth. I couldnt really keep this habit cause I was tired everytime I was in the bus or train, so I would more likely to fall asleep. Yea, all day I was out. Even when i'm free, there are bound to have outings or mini meet-ups with my friends. Hahahaha. But I could say that my holidays have been well spent..i think. Lols. So back to where I left off, the ice age. Oh, wait, no. I cant rmb where I left off. Its been really a long time. More than 1 week if i'm not wrong.. >.< okay, so i'll start when I got back to my work place. Nyeheheh.
There really is a downside to my work. Getting there.. Other than that, its fantastic! Hahahah. I love my job. So I work at Rasa Shangri-La Resort at Siloso Beach, SeNtOsA. What do I do? ....... This seems rather familiar. Either I've told you guys about my work, or I have been telling it to many people around me. Lols. Anyways, I work at the Recreation Dept. I give out towels to the guests by the pool, control the kids slide (traffic police), conduct pool games with the guests, and rent out kayaks/pedal boats/bicycles. There is also the flying trapeze, but i'm not yet an expert in that. I've only handled the admin stuff there and the safety harness. Heheheh. I guess i'm not as free as the other regular workers to learn about the trapeze.. One day, maybe one day. Hahahahahh. Alright. Back to my story.. :)) I went back to work and there has been a lot of change. WAIT. I HAVE TOLD YOU GUYS ABOUT MY RETURN TO WORK. Hahaha sorry for the repeat. Anyway, its really fun. I've conducted mini F1 races, good pool games like marble hunt, giant beach ball, water polo with the big boys, and many more. During tha water polo with those adults, WOW. They were like pros and they really were scary in the water. A power shot from one of them broke the goal post. We're still getting it fixed. Lols. The thing I really like about my work is that its super fun. Playing games, see kids to interesting and silly things and the chicks ofc. Hahaahaha. Watching the kids come together in a pool as strangers but left as friends. Ohh, thats the life I want. But sadly, not all teens want to mingle like they used to. I know, cause i've done that before. But now, I try to whenever I get a chance! The more the merrier! But, to stay in contact with all of them is gonna be tough for sure. A senior told me that. He is right, but I want to make full of every single opportunity that is given to me (: oh, did I tell you about the monkey incident?! There was this one weekend when our monkey visitor got a bit extreme. Once in a while, a family monkies would visit the resort and climb about the hotel buildings. This was like part of the attraction that we have at Shangri-La. Guests would ask about the monkeys. During this particular weekend, one of the monkey went into the swimming pool and swam around for some time. Dillon and Joseph, the lifeguards on duty had to chase it out. The monkey terrorised some of the guests! The got scrared and disturbed. Then there was this one time the monkey stole a kid's water pump. It stole it mercilessly, climbed onto the tree and pumped out the water, when it was still full. Wah! Damn mischievous sia. The kid cried like he lost his way in a giant supermarket, and cant find his mommy. He cried so hard his face turned red. Then I gave Dillon a stick to chase the monkey away. It worked quite well! :) other than that, the things that happened at work were fun! Especially when talking to kids and other guests. Hahahaha :) oh ya, recently, there have been quite a number of people injuring themselves in the pool, be it a kid or adult. We had to activate the EMERGENCY BUTTON twice! In two weeks. Both were the result of guests falling in the pool carelessly and got injured. Ambulance and police were brought in to the scene.. One boy, and one female adult. If only they were more careful. If only WE, were more careful. As I have said, many things have changed since I last worked there in April/May.. Rules have changed, system have changed, workers have changed, and most certainly guests have changed. Change is good, we change to improve on ourselves, to be more efficient. The only thing that hasn't change is my pay rate. It will increase soon, hopefully. Hahahahah :)
And now training. There's not much to talk about cause I practically do more or less the same thing every training. We do warm up, drills, jumps, workouts and gym once a week. Its like everytime I train, I train with 200% effort, but the resukts didnt change much. I know why. I KNOW. But its hard to work on it if i'm so damn busy. Its cause I have been training on my technique and run ups. I havent been focusing on strength. Gym. I need to go to the gym and beat Brock! Hahahah. I need to do strength workouts. Oh, I talked to Mengster, alumni, about training. It helps theoratically, but I havent start yet. The trick is to do strength exercises like squats, then after that, do normal jumping (up and down) as fast as possible - make minimal contact with the floor. This is also known as plyomatix if im not wrong. But I am wrong, since I dont know the spelling. It makes sense, so I hope it helps. Now, my aim is to reach 5.3m for POLITE on 7 Nov and 6++m for IVP in early of next year!! I know I can do it. My longest unrecorded/unofficial is about 5.5m. It was like measuring with my steps. When I jumped, I could feel the hang time in the air. IT WAS DAMN AWESOME SIA THE FEELING!! Hohohohoho. Imagine jumping 6m! WOW. The feeling must be great too!! Now I have more motivation to jump further!! :D i'll talk more in the next post. There's so much I've got to say, but so little time to blog and do my own stuff.. :( but at least my time is spent well~ ^^ hehehhe. Bye~ Love you all!! Muckz!! Xoxoxoxoxoxo ^_^
